The national pension account scheme is a retirement product based on contribution. It is a scheme backed by the government that falls under the jurisdiction of PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority). It is a long term investment of retirement and is a market-linked product. Here is a guide for the readers with the help of which they can know how to open NPS account.
Opening An NPS Account:
One of the primary requirement to get the account of NPS opened online is the internet banking account via any of the 17 banks which are under registration with the National Securities depository Limited. If the PAN card is linked to the account, then it can be easier. Some of the details that you require are PAN number, net banking details. Passport size photograph (scanned), signature (scanned).
1. Login To The Website.
2. Enter the Pan details. Get it verified with the help of OTP.
3. Choose the preferred type of account.
4. Choose the pension fund manager. You can prefer one from the list.
5. Choose an investment mode.
6. Get the nominees assigned.
7. Make payment with the preferable method of payment.
8. Download the filed form.
9. You will have your PRAN generated. To complete the whole process, download form with all the document and photograph attached and send it to CRA within 90 days of opening the NPS account.
You can open the accounts by visiting the point of a presence service provider. One can even get registered and activate the account of NPS online. Thus, one can prefer a convenient method.