Things to Carry on your Leh Ladakh Bike Tour
When you plan to explore a place like Leh Ladakh on your bike, your packing can never be the similar one that it would be in case of a short-tenured vacation to any hill station. Leh Ladakh is an area that is quite popular for its severe weather and challenging routes, a place where even the necessary facilities like mobile connectivity, ATM, fuel stations, hotels, and eateries are rarely found. There is no doubt that everyone will do their packing differently, as priorities vary. With that being said, there are still a few things that remain applicable in every case, some general items that you need to carry for sure. In this piece of writing, we have listed down some of the things to carry on your Leh Ladakh bike tour, irrespective of your mode of travel.
Ladakh Checklist: Important Things to Carry for Ladakh Trip
We have listed down some items in categories ad then name a few in every category.
- Clothing: What type or kind of clothes to wear in Ladakh are the most asked questions so that we will start with this question. Your dress for Ladakh has to be carried in layers, so you mustn’t pack all heavy clothes which are way too tight.
- Accessories: After clothes, sunglasses and gloves are something which you need to
carry along with you.
- Sundries: After clothes and some accessories, Cold cream, moisturizer, and mustard oil are some daily use items that you must add during your packing.
- Eatables: Carry some dry fruits along with you. Things like biscuits and chips
are available in various routes of Ladakh, so it is not mandatory to pack them
- Electronics: You have to carry chargers of all electronic devices which you were taking along with you.
- Documents: You have to carry one of your identity cards, which are issued by the government, maybe driving license, passport, Aadhaar card, or anything. Make sure that you have carried the original documents as well as some photocopies of it.
- Cash: In Leh Ladakh, ATM is a thing that is rarely found. Sometimes, you will find ATM, but the availability of money is questionable here. So, to enjoy a hassle-free experience, carry enough cash at least to meet your basic requirements.