Things to Carry on your Leh Ladakh Bike Tour
When you plan to explore a place like Leh Ladakh on your bike, your packing can never be the similar one that it would be in case of a short-tenured vacation to any hill station. Leh Ladakh is an area which is quite popular for its tough weather and challenging routes; a place where even the basic facilities like mobile connectivity, ATM, fuel stations, hotels and eateries are rarely found. There is no doubt that everyone will do their packing in a different way, as priorities vary. With that being said; there are still few things that remain applicable in every case; some general items which you need to carry for sure. In this piece of writing, we have listed down some of the things to carry on your Leh Ladakh bike tour; irrespective of your mode of travel.
Ladakh Checklist: Important Things to Carry for Ladakh Trip
We have listed down some items in categories ad then name a few in every
- Clothing: What type or kind of clothes to wear in Ladakh are the most asked
questions, so we will start with this question. Your clothing for Ladakh has to
be carried in layers, so it is important that you don’t pack all heavy clothes
which are way too tight.
- Accessories: After clothes, sunglasses and gloves are something which you need to
carry along with you.
- Sundries: After clothes and some accessories, Cold cream, moisturizer and
mustard oil are some daily use items that you must add during your packing.
- Eatables: Carry some dry fruits along with you. Things like biscuits and chips
are available in various routes of Ladakh, so it is not mandatory to pack them
- Electronics: You have to carry chargers of all electronic devices which you taking
along with you.
- Documents: You have to carry one of your identity card which is issued by the government, maybe driving license, passport, Aadhaar card or anything. Make sure that you have carried the original documents as well as some photocopies of it.
- Cash: In Leh Ladakh, ATM is a thing which is rarely found. Sometimes, you will find ATM, but the availability of cash is questionable here. So, to enjoy a hassle-free experience, carry enough cash at least to meet your basic requirements.