Nizamuddin Markaz: Two deaths, 108 test positive for novel corona virus in Delhi
On Thursday, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addressing a digital press conference said out of 2,348 people evacuated from the Markaz, two died, and 108 have tested positive for COVID-19 infection. The death toll has reached four. Last month, two deaths already reported due to the deadly Corona infection in the city.
- In the last 24 hours, 55 new cases and two deaths reported. As a result, the total number of positive coronavirus cases from Tablighi Jamaat’s Nizamuddin Markaz jumped to 108 in Delhi.
- The number of COVID-19 cases increased effectively due to the infected people present in the Markaz building to attend the religious event.
- Out of 2,348 people evacuated from the building – 1,810 are under strict supervision at Quarantine centers while 536 are in the isolation wards.
The number of positive corona cases in Delhi saw the highest single-day spike on Thursday – 67 new cases reported taking total to 219. Our CM Arvind Kejriwal added that while the coronavirus cases are on the rise, Delhi is still not in the community transfer stage.
- Although, people who have been evacuated from Markaz are serious.
- The other 500 people put in hospitals are being tested, and the number of positive corona cases may go up in the next few days.
Because of the lock-down, the Delhi government has proposed a scheme to help those people who run E-rickshaws, Auto, RTVs, and Taxis.