AIIMS Doctor and his 9 month pregnant wife tested COVID-19 Positive, Both in Isolation
As per media reports, a senior resident doctor of Delhi’s All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has tested positive for novel coronavirus. The top doctors of the hospital confirmed that his wife, also a doctor at AIIMS who is nine-months pregnant, also tested positive and has been isolated.
- The lady doctor from the Physiology Department of the hospital has been immediately admitted to the new private ward for multiple testing after the report of the virus was confirmed. Contact-tracing is under process, and those identified with symptoms are being screened and advised to follow home-quarantine for the next 14 days strictly.
- The management of the hospital is taking extra care of the doctor, and her delivery will be done under the supervision of senior gynecologists.
- Proper treatment protocol would be followed by all doctors for the safe delivery of the baby. They will use new PPE, and all equipment will be disinfected.
Nursing officers test positive for Coronavirus: Two nursing officers of the State Cancer Institution in Delhi showed symptoms of COVID-19, and their test results came out positive on Friday morning. They have contact history with the doctor of the same Institution who tested positive with Corona infection on April 1.
- Both the doctors are now undergoing treatment at the Isolation ward of the Institution.
- All other doctors and staff members who had come in contact with them have been tested. Luckily, nobody else has been found positive from Corona infection.
Seven doctors in the city have been tested positive so far.